Freedom of Information Act (FOIA)
How to File a Freedom of Information Act Request with the Office of the Assessor ________________________________________
The following are instructions on how to file a Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) request with the Office of the Assessor, Dundee Township:
1. Please make your request for records in writing. The Office of the Assessor does not require the completion of a standard form for this purpose. However, one is available for your convenience and is available by selecting DTAO FOIA Form below. You may submit your written request by mail or fax. Please direct your request to:
Office of the Assessor
611 East Main Street,
East Dundee, IL 60118-2492
Fax: (847) 428-1825
2. Please be as specific as possible when describing the records you are seeking. The Freedom of Information Act is designed to allow you to inspect or receive copies of records. It is not designed to require a public body to answer questions.
3. Please tell us whether you would like copies of the requested records, or whether you wish to examine the records in person. You have the right to either option.
4. There is no fee for up to 50 pages of standard paper copies. For pages beyond 50, there is a .15-cent-per-page charge.
5. You are permitted to ask for a waiver of copying fees. To do so, please include the following statement (or a similar statement) in your written FOIA request: “I request a waiver of all fees associated with this request.” In addition, you must include a specific explanation as to why your request for information is in the public interest—not simply your personal interest—and merits a fee waiver.
6. Please include your name, preferred telephone number(s), mailing address, and, if you wish, your electronic mail address.
DTAO FOIA Form
Types of Documents Available from the Assessor’s Office:
Property Record Cards (PRC’s)
Parcel Identification Number, (PIN)
Lot Size and Dimensions
Real Estate Transfer Declaration form PTAX-203
Address of Property
Type of Sale
Grantor / Grantee
Building Permit Information
Certificate of Occupancy Information
*Actual Permits and Certificates of Occupancies are available from the issuing agency. Our office does not maintain all of this informaiton in our database